Digitization and Preservation Grants and Support Programs
Small or Micro Grant Opportunity:
SIPA: The SIPA (Statewide Internet Portal Authority) Micro-Grant program is designed for state and local governments, special districts and public education in Colorado to put more information and services online. Grant funding is available for equipment, systems, services, project planning and implementation and human resources.
Over $100,000 will be awarded!
Mark you calendar for SIPA’s 2021 grant application timeline – Subject to change:
- July 1, 2021: Grant applications open
- August 31, 2021: Grant applications due by 4pm MST
- September 2021: SIPA / Board of Directors review period
- October 7, 2021: SIPA Board approves micro-grant awardees
- October 11-15, 2021: Awardees announced
- November 17, 2021: Micro-grant awards ceremony & awards distributed
If you have questions about the grant application process please refer to SIPA’s frequently Asked Questions page or email email@example.com. I am also happy to offer advice on proposed historic collection projects and completing the application. You are welcomed to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHNC New Content Support Program: The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) is excited to announce a renewal of the program to support the addition of new historic news in the CHNC. The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection New Content Support Program for newspaper digitization is designed to help cultural heritage organizations increase online access to historic community news through the CHNC. We want to help local communities add their historic stories to the larger Colorado footprint.
In Spring of 2021, CHNC will once again award funds in support of newspaper digitization projects.
2021 program application timeline:
- January 11, 2021: Application process opens
- February 28, 2021: Applications are due
- March 1 – March 14, 2021: Application review period
- March 15, 2021: CHNC will notify awardees
- April 1 – December 31, 2021: Project time period
To learn more about the program and to view the application please refer to the information page on coloradovirtuallibrary.org. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.