Digitization and Preservation Grants and Support Programs
Small or Micro Grant Opportunity:
SIPA: The SIPA (Statewide Internet Portal Authority) Micro-Grant program is designed for state and local governments, special districts and public education in Colorado to put more information and services online. Grant funding is available for equipment, systems, services, project planning and implementation and human resources.
Over $100,000 will be awarded!
Mark you calendar for SIPA’s 2019-20 grant application timeline:
- November 1, 2019: Grant applications open
- December 30, 2019: Grant applications due by 5pm MSTT
- January – February, 2020: SIPA review period
- February 10-14, 2020: Grant recipients announced *Dates subject to change*
- April 1, 2020: Awards are given at the annual SIPA User Conference and Grant Ceremony
If you have questions about the grant application process please refer to SIPA’s frequently Asked Questions page or email email@example.com. I am also happy to offer advice on proposed historic collection projects and completing the application. You are welcomed to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHNC New Content Support Program: The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) is excited to announce a renewal of the program to support the addition of new historic news in the CHNC. The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection New Content Support Program for newspaper digitization is designed to help cultural heritage organizations increase online access to historic community news through the CHNC. We want to help local communities add their historic stories to the larger Colorado footprint.
In Spring of 2020, CHNC will once again award $15,000 in support for newspaper digitization projects.
2020 program application timeline:
- January 13, 2020: Application process opens
- February 29, 2020: Applications are due
- March 1 – March 14, 2020: Application review period
- March 16, 2020: CHNC will notify awardees
- April 1 – December 31, 2020: Project time period
To learn more about the program and to view the application please refer to the information page on coloradovirtuallibrary.org. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.