Digitization and Preservation Grants and Support Programs
Small or Micro Grant Opportunity:
SIPA: The SIPA (Statewide Internet Portal Authority) Micro-Grant program is designed for state and local governments, special districts and public education in Colorado to put more information and services online. Grant funding is available for equipment, systems, services, project planning and implementation and human resources.
Over $100,000 will be awarded!
Mark you calendar for SIPA’s 2018-19 grant application timeline:
- November 30, 2018: Grant applications open
- January 18, 2019: Grant applications due by 5pm MST
- January 19 – March 1, 2019: SIPA review period
- March 4– 8, 2019: SIPA will announce the 2019 grant awardees
- April 16, 2019: Awards are given at the annual SIPA User Conference and Grant Ceremony
If you have questions about the grant application process please refer to SIPA’s frequently Asked Questions page or email email@example.com. I am also happy to offer advice on proposed historic collection projects and completing the application. You are welcomed to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Information Coming Soon!
CHNC New Content Support Program: The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) is excited to announce a new program to support the addition of new historic news in the CHNC. The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection New Content Support Program for newspaper digitization is designed to help cultural heritage organizations increase online access to historic community news through the CHNC. We want to help local communities add their historic stories to the larger Colorado footprint.
In 2018, CHNC will award $15,000 in support for newspaper digitization projects.
2018 program application timeline:
- February 2, 2018: Application process opens
- February 28, 2018: Applications are due
- March 1 – March 14, 2018: Application review period
- March 15, 2018: CHNC will notify awardees
- April 1 – December 30, 2018: Project time period
To learn more about the program and to view the application please refer to the information page on coloradovirtuallibrary.org. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.